Affordable Rental Housing Program
The GLO is administering the Multifamily Affordable Rental Housing Program. This program provides a total of $250 million for the rehabilitation, reconstruction, and new construction of affordable multifamily housing projects in areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey. The maximum award for any applicant/development is $25 million.
2018 MULTIFAMILY UNIFORM APPLICATION - Part A
2018 MULTIFAMILY UNIFORM APPLICATION - Part B
2018 MULTIFAMILY UNIFORM APPLICATION - Part C
2018 Affordable Rental Program Request for Applications
Affordable Rental Program Brief
Affordable Rental Program FAQ
- Development must meet CDBG-DR eligibility requirements;
- Development must be in a CDBG-DR eligible county;
- Minimum of 51 percent of the units must be restricted for twenty (20) or more years of an affordability period for low- to moderate-income (LMI) individuals earning 80 percent or less of the Area Median Family Income (AMFI) at affordable rents;
- The affordable rents must comply with HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Rents and other existing Land Use Restriction Agreement (LURA) restrictions, if applicable;
- Multifamily rental development is eight or more rental units under common ownership; and
- Project construction must be completed within 18 months of the effective date of the contract.
**Developments located within the city limits of Houston and/or within Harris County are ineligible.